Signup for Parking Permits Available Now
Payroll deduction for 2017-18 faculty/staff permits is now available for new employees in the Parking eBusiness portal. Those individuals on the main KU payroll must be a regular (non-temporary) faculty or staff member with a 0.50 or greater appointment to be eligible to participate in payroll deduction for parking permits. Employees of affiliated corporations should contact their payroll office with eligibility questions.
Employees who had payroll deduction for 2016-17 should have automatically renewed and no action should be necessary. If you check your account and do not see a new parking permit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
LICENSE PLATE RECOGNITION: Almost all parking permits will now be tied to your license plate. Please note your license plate before you begin your transaction. It will also be important to register your alternate license plates when you drive a different vehicle.
If you do not wish to have deductions to come out of multiple checks, you may purchase the permit online through the eBusiness portal with a credit card after July 3, 2017, or in person beginning July 5, 2017.
Please read these instructions carefully:
- Please go to the Parking & Transit eBusiness portal and click on the “Manage My Parking Account.”
- Then, click the “Log into myKU Portal” button. Once you are logged into the portal, you will automatically be redirected back to the parking page to begin the purchase process. We are working toward simplifying this login process in future releases of our payment portal.
- Log in with your KU Online ID and password. If you do not have a KU Online ID and password and wish to obtain one, visit the Information Technology website.
- As a reminder, your KU Online ID and password are the same ones that you use to log into your KU Exchange email account.
- If you have outstanding parking fines, you will not be allowed to purchase a permit. You may pay outstanding fines with a credit/debit card in the same website, but not in the same transaction.
- If you aren’t offered the permit for which you believe you qualify, please contact us.
- If you are purchasing both car and motorcycle permits, you will have to do this in two separate transactions.
- You will be asked about your vehicle information, which is required this year to complete your transaction.
- Check your mail and email addresses carefully during the purchase process.
- Please note that the payroll deduction options are in two separate but consecutive pages!
Individual Deduction Amounts
|Permit Type||Price||Annual (26)
|Cycle or Moped||$ 83||$ 3.19||$ 5.19||$ 6.92|
|First Deduction Taken:||1st Paycheck of Fiscal Year|